At some point in your pets’ life, you are likely going to need some sort of professional help; maybe a trainer, behaviorist, groomer, pet sitter or dog walker. There are a multitude of different considerations when looking at hiring someone to help with your pets. Here are some general guidelines when investigating professional pet services.
- Always ask for references. It’s not enough to get the names – make some phone calls and ask some questions!
- Check their qualifications. Did you know that dog training is not a regulated industry? Anyone can call themselves a dog trainer and charge a fee. You want to look at schooling – did the person take an online course? Watch a television show? Go to school?
- Are they licensed, insured and bondable? This is crucial to ensure that you are hiring a reputable professional.
- How long have they been in business? This isn’t to say that new businesses aren’t any good – but you do want to know that the person you are hiring has the experience required to do the job properly.
- Ask around. Has anyone heard anything about this company or their services? Is it good feedback or bad?
- Support small businesses rather than large corporations to do your part in helping both the economy and your community.
- Trust your gut. Don’t get a good feeling? Look elsewhere!
Looking for a special gift for a special dog owner and their pooch this holiday season? Contact us to buy an Anything's Pawsible gift certificate!